Beach Casters

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Beach Casters
Beach Casters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Overnighter - Orford - Thursday 21st July
Steely does Salthouse EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:26 pm by Steely

» Walmer Castle - Saturday 25th June 2011
Steely does Salthouse EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 9:12 am by Steely

» Steely does Salthouse
Steely does Salthouse EmptySat May 21, 2011 6:17 pm by Steely

» CEFN SIDAN,Burry Port ...14/5
Steely does Salthouse EmptySun May 15, 2011 11:24 pm by bri

» Walberswick - Friday 13th May 2011
Steely does Salthouse EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:19 am by Steely

» Cley - Saturday 7th May 2011
Steely does Salthouse EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:47 pm by bri

» Wii Games - swap anyone?
Steely does Salthouse EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:19 am by Steely

» Wii Games seeking new home
Steely does Salthouse EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:18 am by Steely

» Spanish Golf Legend Seve Ballesteros Dies
Steely does Salthouse EmptySat May 07, 2011 9:28 am by Steely

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 20 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:23 am

Steely does Salthouse

Go down

Steely does Salthouse Empty Steely does Salthouse

Post  Steely Sat May 21, 2011 6:17 pm

Well as soon as the alarm went off at 4.15am, it was gut up, cuppa, wash and then on the road heading to Salthouse. Even had the missus with me as she fancied getting some early morning photographs confused

Arrived at Salthouse, a car already in the car park, and a pick up with another couple of idiots, ahem I mean anglers getting ready to climb the shingle bank and get the game on!

I set up about 50 yards to the right of a couple of lads, who looked as if they might have been out all night, but never got to chat to them so they might have just got up extra early.

Flat calm sea, but it still had a surprisingly strong pull as it was making its way in, and throughout the session, weed, more weed and yep, more weed :mad:

Mind you, I like Salthouse, I always seem to get really comfy when fishing here, so I didn't let the weed wind me up.

Anyway, it has to be said not the most prolific of catches, but catch I did, with a dab to start with then 3 small, but fat basslets, probably around the 1lb region, but in top quality condition, and finally another dab.

In the meantime, my missus had gone for a walk, and got back to me around 9am, and then she got fidgety/bored which I knew meant I wasn't going to fish until midday which was my plan, and sure enough at 11am I decided enough was enough.

Weed was a pain, the fish didn't really play, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself....only real downside was my mucka Bri, wasn't out, as he has hit the rails with fishing again, and says he isn't fishing again until his camping trip.

I did notice another angler about 200 yards to my left having the occasional go with feathers, but I don't think he had any luck.

Bring on next weekend!!! Wink
Steely
Steely
Admin

http://steelysfishingshack.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum