Beach Casters

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Beach Casters
Beach Casters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Overnighter - Orford - Thursday 21st July
Anglsey,North Wales EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:26 pm by Steely

» Walmer Castle - Saturday 25th June 2011
Anglsey,North Wales EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 9:12 am by Steely

» Steely does Salthouse
Anglsey,North Wales EmptySat May 21, 2011 6:17 pm by Steely

» CEFN SIDAN,Burry Port ...14/5
Anglsey,North Wales EmptySun May 15, 2011 11:24 pm by bri

» Walberswick - Friday 13th May 2011
Anglsey,North Wales EmptySat May 14, 2011 12:19 am by Steely

» Cley - Saturday 7th May 2011
Anglsey,North Wales EmptyMon May 09, 2011 6:47 pm by bri

» Wii Games - swap anyone?
Anglsey,North Wales EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:19 am by Steely

» Wii Games seeking new home
Anglsey,North Wales EmptySun May 08, 2011 11:18 am by Steely

» Spanish Golf Legend Seve Ballesteros Dies
Anglsey,North Wales EmptySat May 07, 2011 9:28 am by Steely

Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 20 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:23 am

Anglsey,North Wales

2 posters

Go down

Anglsey,North Wales Empty Anglsey,North Wales

Post  bri Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:59 am

View previous topic :: View next topic
bri

Went for a few days to the island with bro in law who desperatley wanted to catch a fish.
Had some local info on where the bass were and a few rays, yeah right...lol
Decided first night to fish the campsites private beach, it certainly looked good, but with it being real shallow and daylight, didn't really have much confidence.Called it a day just after high tide and 2 hours without a bite.
Plan was to get Rick up and running so it was to be Hollyhead Breakwater first thing in the morning, HT @8am.
Bait was left over well defrosted sandeels and manky,well past its best, "fresh" blacks.
Into the proverbial doggies from the first cast on whatever bait was put out.
Put on a string of sabiki's to see if there was any mackeral about but none showed, p1ssed of by now with the dogs,Rick wandered off to the right with the feathers and first cast shout " i'm in " or summat like that.
Thinking he was bullsh1tting i wandered over and realised he wasn't....not mack's but coalfish, 5 of em about 8ozs each, like peas in a pod.
This made his day so the evening venue was now sorted,
Packed up at 11am and headed off to get fresh bait from Telboys Tackle in Almwch then back to base for some much needed grub,a pint and a shower.
Suitably rested and refreshed, i bet Rick a fiver that before the night was out he wouldn't want to see another doggy ever again. I WON...lol
Back on the breakwater we went 200yds nearer to the lighthouse, its a bit deeper and rougher here close in,plan was to bung a deadbait out and try for a huss after dark.
Dogs were slow in coming this time but come they did...in biblical proportions...before dark i set up a float rod so Rick could try and catch a pollock and a wrasse as he'd never caught either.Mission was accomplished with about a dozen or so pollock up to @ 12ozs and a couple of small corkwing wrasse.Surprised there wasn't any ballans or a cuckoo as both are pretty common in there.
Darkness fell and the dogs came out to play and Rick was loving it, he'd never caught so many fish. The dog monotony was broken now and again with a few whiting up to @ 28cms so huss bait was in the bag and every now and again what felt like a much bigger fish would be dropped on the way in.Rick also managed a small codling about 12ozs so he was getting a good variety of fish then i had a small octopus about a foot long, what a wierd thing that was, i've got a picture on my phone but its not much cop so will wait till Ricks sorted the camera out.
@ 9.30ish,out went the deadbaits....10 oclock and Rick gave me a fiver £*%& it...i cant do this anymore lol, i'm gonna just use 1 rod.
With that the deadbait rod showed some interest which resulted in a small huss @ 2lb, result, the guy had caught plenty of fish and 6 different species.
I went to wind in my deadbait rod to feel a weight on the end,just hold it for a few seconds, yep, fish on....18" of dogfish with an 8" whiting down its thoat lol....ah 'ollix, thats enough.Packed up for 11pm, knackered but happy.
No time for a session in the morning as have to be off the site by midday but more than happy, thats what lifes about, having fun at your own pace and just let the world drift on by,a few beers with your mates and a good craic.

Bring on saturday..Ogmore again and another shot at the rays ,South Wales here i come lol

bri
bri
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anglsey,North Wales Empty Re: Anglsey,North Wales

Post  Steely Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:21 pm

Nice report Bri, guess I must be the jonah when we go after all!! Very Happy

Just back from my hols, and looking through the site, I gotta ask, whats it been like talking to yourself mate!! pirat
Steely
Steely
Admin

http://steelysfishingshack.com

Back to top Go down